IP, IT and Media
MOLITOR’s IP, IT & Media practice has been listed by Chambers Europe 2013 for its "extremely responsive and timely, and efficiently presented advice. Great teamwork." The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 praised MOLITOR's IT, IP & Media department for its "response times, knowledge, appropriateness of advice and value for money."
Clients and peers praised Claire Leonelli who heads the practice. Sources say "she is very technical and maintains good contact with clients. You can really trust her."(Chambers Europe). The Legal 500 states that Claire "is reactive, has great expertise and is creative in finding solutions."
MOLITOR launched its IP, IT & Media Department in 2007 following an increasing demand for legal advice in this practice area. The services we provide include the following:
- legal advice and assistance on know-how, copyright, registered design and trademark issues;
- streamlining and valorising our clients’ IP portfolios particularly through corporate structuring plans and effective contractual schemes (assignment, license, franchising, etc.);
- due diligence on IP rights portfolio with a view to optimising the protection of intangible assets or in the context of M&A projects;
- availability searches on company names, domain names and trademarks;
- management and registration of trademarks and domain names;
- assistance and representation before the national Courts, the Benelux IP Office, the OHIM and the WIPO on any disputes relating to IP assets and especially to IP right infringements.
- drafting and revision of terms and conditions for e-businesses, Internet policies and any framework agreements related to the creation and maintenance of Internet sites;
- assisting hardware and software producers and users in drafting their software license agreements, bespoke software agreements, service level agreements and the general terms and conditions of their business;
- dealing with privacy and data protection issues, including formalities with the Luxembourg data protection office;
- assistance and representation before the national courts on any disputes relating to IT projects.
- advice on all aspects of business practices, advertising law and unfair competition, in order to ensure advertising and promotion campaigns are in compliance with Luxembourg laws and regulations;
- advice on image rights, defamation, libel and other invasion of privacy issues;
- advice on promotional advertising operations including chance-based sweepstakes and skill-based contests;
- drafting and reviewing of marketing agreements and advertisement contracts;
- litigation including defence of defamation, invasion of privacy and infringement claims.
MOLITOR's IP, IT & Media Department combines with our renowned First Tier Litigation Department (The Legal 500 EMEA 2013) to represent clients in litigation and dispute resolution matters in respect of IP, IT and Media issues for all kinds of media (press, TV, Internet, etc.).